Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thank you, thank you, Mary Liz!


Thank you, thank you Mary Liz for introducing me to your glue stick method of hand-applique!  I just finished block #3 from THE CIVIL WAR BRIDE (my second finished block).  I was a little nervous about dunking/soaking it in water to dissolve the glue stick and the Roxanne's Glue Baste upon finishing all the hand-stitching...but I'm a fabric washer, so there were no surprises, like fabrics running. After all that work, I would have died on the spot if colors had bled!!  I'm still going to take your class in a couple of weeks, but I'm getting more confident with each little bit I glue!  This project is so special for me and I am enjoying the online quilt group that is kind of like a little stitch group.

I should finish the binding on two quilted U.F.O.'s, then I will work on another "Bride" block.  There are so many frickin' leaves in that project!!

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Teresa

    I am curious ~what is the glue stick method of applique?

    Your block looks great. I am very tempted to start this quilt

    Teresa / IL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!