Monday, June 14, 2010

And the winners are...



A pot of tea and a drawing.  The winner of the neutral bundle is Barb.  The winner of the smaller blue and green bundles is Moramargaritaster.  Congratulations!  Please send me an email with your postal address and I will get this cotton moving!

Thank you to everyone who participated...I wish I had a prize for everyone as you were all so sweet and generous with your comments!


I managed to finish assembling the center of the liberated ladies top.  Now it is on to the borders, including free-pieced phrases.  I stripped out all the ladies with my stash of small to medium florals and bugs/butterflies.  I tried my hand at some trees to fill a few holes.


There were some cool embellishments and "bling" on some of the swapped ladies, which I removed temporarily during construction and quilting.  I will put them back in place when the quilting is finished.



Don't you love the chick in the bikini???



As I was chain-piecing all these strips, ladies, trees and doggies, I was sewing through my "leaders and enders" (thanks, Bonnie!) to make these kinds of blocks.  Here are 4 little blocks that I have done...2 light chain, and 2 dark chain.  It is a great way to get rid of 2 inch scraps!  If you don't know about leaders and enders, check out Bonnie's blog.  Having scrappy blocks ready to piece as I piece another project, sitting in a basket next to my machine, gives me basically two quilt tops for the effort of one.  And I do love scrappy!


And last but certainly not least (should have been first!)...Susi was kind enough to offer templates to make the fabulous scrappy Aunt Clara quilt that she is making here.  I experimented with a small handful of scraps, and now I am totally hooked!!  I need to spend some time cutting out some scraps to keep going on this fun little hand-pieced project.  Here is my embarrassingly feeble start...I have chosen to use scrappy neutrals for the squares then anything goes for the elongated hexagons!



Thank you susi!  This will be another one of my enjoyable little projects on the go in a magic box (along with my spools and little appliqued baskets).

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

11 comments:

  1. Wow the top is wonderful, so much to look at :0) Isn't it fun getting a "twofer" quilt? This got me to thinking about my boxes of 2 inch squares that I collected for a watercolor quilt that will NEVER happen :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear teresa,your quilt top is very beautiful,and i am glad that you like aunt claras quilt,it`s so much fun for me sewing it,have a nice day,susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to the winners!! and thanks Teresa for your generosity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't believe I won - Thank you so much for such a nice give away!
    I'll email you directly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners. Your quilt is coming along great. You will never get bored looking at it. Always something new to discover. (grin) Winona

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, thats fine, that you also makes aunt claras quilt. I am also, with the templates from the nice susi.
    have much fun by sewing with your scraps. I like it also
    much greetings elfriede

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teresa, that quilt top is gorgeous and so cute! Congrats to the winner of your giveaway. I like the blue teapot too - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners. Your quilt is looking good. I like the one lady with the bad hair day. She looks to be blond in the blue floral dress. A fun quilt to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,I can´t believe it,I WON!!thanks so much for such lovely giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the most adorable quilt I have seen! I love it!!
    I need to check out Bonnie's leaders and enders, I keep seeing fabulous projects from her method.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all the closeups of the ladies - marvelous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!