Sunday, June 30, 2013

2013 Shipshewana Quilt Festival, Part Three...


I LOVED this quilt...everything about it!  I took lots of pictures of it yesterday when I returned to Indiana to pick up my quilts after the show.











Can you believe that this is ribbon-less?  Yes, there were 200 terrific quilts there, but...wow...













Here is another one that took my breath away.  It won second prize in the large, pieced category.  I showed you a picture in the last post, but I was able to get some close-ups yesterday (last day of the show...it was almost empty of people...I wish I had gotten there sooner to have time to take and re-take more pictures...).






When I grow up, I want to learn to put a color palette together like this...













Did you notice that the same people that made and machine quilted this quilt, also made and machine quilted the first one?  Oh boy...what a team!



Check out all the sweet details on this next quilt.  It did win a ribbon - second place in the large, mixed technique category.  It was made and quilted, on a domestic machine, by the same person...the detail is breathtaking.

















I love the detail and shading on the spoon...and the little bits of embroidery...



After 3 posts of show pictures, I hope you are tired of them...there are many more to come.  But now I must get out in my jungle and pull some weeds!

In stitches,
Teresa  :
o)

19 comments:

  1. The first two were quilted by the same person - can see her style in both of them - and yes, such a shame not to be recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful quilts. The piecing of the first two are marvelous, but oh wow, what Ronda did to them both -- just amazing!
    I love the tea quilt too and it was fabulous. Being one who love tea and tea parties as well as quilts -- this one is a winner.
    So glad you are sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, these are really beautiful! The quilt designs and the quilting are exquisite! I surprised for the lack of ribbons too. Must have been quite the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable that those two quilts don't have ribbons...must have been a fantastic show!
    I love those two quilts... beautifully pieced blocks, creative original layouts, and amazing quilting...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing that they didn't have ribbons. Such incredibly gorgeous work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just don't know how they do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A beautiful quilt is always taken to a whole other level when the quilting is that well done. I understand that skill can be acquired simply by practice. But what I want to know is HOW DO YOU CREATE SUCH INTRICATE AND BEAUTIFUL QUILTING DESIGNS???????????? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pictures of the quilts are amazing....thanks for taking the time to capture and share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work! My favorite is definitely the "Teaspoon" number! Lovely and funny, too. What talented people. Thanks for the pictures...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are great but now in this day and age of so many machine quilting - every inch of the quilt no wonder some aren't getting the prizes! sometimes don't you think too much quilting is going on in these quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the photos of these gorgeous quilts--especially the close up shots to see the quilting. I agree with you on the color choices of the one quilt---who would have thought the colors would work in that combination!! The first quilt has so much motion with the blocks being set apart by the applique sashing pieces. Really makes you think about composition. Be careful in the jungle--who knows what lurks there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are amazing! Thank you for sharing such exquisite quilts...loved seeing each and every picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the pictures you have shared are wonderful --- and especially nice for those of us unable to attend the show. I look forward to seeing more --- after you return from your jungle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Amazing. Such beautiful quilts. Lucky you to be able to get so up close and personal with them. Thank you for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! I really love that first quilt! Amazing quilting!
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are right, that first quilt is amazing. Would wonder why it did not win a ribbon. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe the top one didn't win a ribbon......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for posting all these quilts; I'm really enjoying seeing them. BTW "Tea for Miss D" won one of the big $5000. prizes at the Houston Quilt Show in 2010. It was my favorite quilt of the show, and I featured it on my blog back then. I loved that quilt! I hope you got to see the "label" on the back. It was made to look like an invitation to tea, complete with appliqued envelope. So cool! The top quilt is awesome too. If it didn't take a ribbon it makes me wonder if the judging was off, or if the winners were even MORE spectacular. Love your close-up pictures - I always want to see the quilting.

    Really enjoying your blog,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  18. Unos quilts realmente impresionantes. Los 3 son fantásticos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!