Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The "Good Earth" Quilt - Vegetable Garden sneak peek...


Happy Thanksgiving!  Here is another segment for the central medallion square of "The Good Earth," an original quilt I am designing for my parent's 40th anniversary.


They usually have a garden...it is a family tradition!


It was fun trying to draw little veggies...and try to make them look identifiable...


After I do the hand stitching and soak the block to remove the glues, I will add a little embroidery which should help in the "name that garden item" game...


My Dad especially loves growing green beans, collard greens, and squash.  My Dad's Dad taught vocational agriculture in Alabama...he could make anything grow and passed that gene down to my Dad.


I have so much to be grateful for in this season of remembering our blessings, and I feel very humbled and thankful.  I hope you have a great holiday weekend...and aren't having travel problems in the northeast.

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)





12 comments:

  1. I have been remiss in commenting on all your updates to your center piece. This one is just an excellent capture of a passion. Those tiny pieces you work with just amaze me as well as the chosen bits of fabric(s) to accent the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your veggies look so wonderful--I especially like your representation of the corn stalks...--it is a very graceful block...enjoy the holiday...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those pieces are tiny! Which applique method do you use? Its looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the veggies. The corn is gorgeous, and I think I recognized everyone. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow nice eye candy this morning. Love the corn and egg plant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each segment thus far is excellent! I can't wait to see the center all together!
    Have a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great block growing! I think I did quite well in the name the veggie game!
    Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning. I sure hope thus is a pattern you decide to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new quilt is fabulous. Your parents will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking vegetables! They are pretty identifiable even without embroidery. Such tiny, tiny pieces - wow you're good! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new pattern. It just looks like Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such fun fruits and veggies you are growing. your parents are going to love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!