Friday, April 25, 2014

Quilt Show etiquettte...some "gentle" reminders...


I found a new blog this week...Pinkadot Quilts.  This cute little quilt was Kelly's contribution to her guild's 8" x 10" challenge.  

The Penn Oaks Quilt guild was challenged with making these little quilts to hang around their next show to gently, with humor, encourage people NOT to touch the quilts.  What a fabulous idea!

To check out Kelly's blog and see all the cute little "don't touch" challenge quilts, go here.    It is a "must see" link and blog.

What about these?






The above signs were seen at the Utah Quilt Fest in 2012 (Thank you, Christa...).

This is from the Roseville Quilters Guild Show of 2012...



A few from Pinterest...from Disney's "The Emperor's New Groove..."




Have a great Friday...I will be up to my elbows in spaghetti dinner fundraising!

In stitches,
Teresa   :o)

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I loved "you may be stacked and whacked"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute - it is hard for people to not touch - and when you bring a non quilter with you and have to explain - well - sometimes they don't understand and don't want to ever go to a quilt show with you again :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I don't get it either. they are quilts, they can be washed. I don't like quilt shows for that very reason. The 'guards' can be pretty nasty and mean and turn a lot of people away from the fun of quilting. I understand that some quilts are made for the sake of art, but there should be a section where touching is ok because quilts are made to bring comfort and touching is part of the appeal of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a quilter and I'm tempted to touch. But I know that if everyone touches, it's bad news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! Some people are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!